While hops receive the most fanfare these days, without malts, beer wouldn’t be possible! Explore malt’s crucial role in Come to the Malt Side, where we’ll dive into the creation of malt and its role in the brewing process while tasting a wide range of maltier beer styles. The Malt Side beckons!
– Discuss early history of brewing and the origins of malt
– Analyze the malting process and the variety of malts that can be created.
– Explain rationale behind barley as the most popular malt for brewing
– Outline differences between base malts, speciality malts and adjunct grains
– Recap brewing process with emphasis on what happens during mashing
– Explore the history of various malt-forward styles