Captain Lawrence Brewing Co. is looking for a Shift Brewer.
Maintain and execute all functions according to policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practice. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of raw materials handling, milling of grain, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, transfers, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP and general sanitation.
- Execute the necessary production duties including but not limited to wort production, fermentation management, filtration and finishing, and bright beer handling.
- Ensure that all beer is produced to standards and specification by following recipes and procedures as set by Brewing Manager.
- Follow best practice and safety requirements dutifully.
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Attend brewery staff meetings as required.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Maintain healthy communication with other departments (QA/QC, Packaging, Tasting Room, and Restaurant).
- Possess a well-rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles beer knowledge.
- Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner.
- Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee handbook of policies and procedures at Captain Lawrence Brewing Company.
- High school diploma. Formal brewing education preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate well with all staff.
- Organized and detail oriented; accurate record keeping skills.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting.
- Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
- Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
- Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
- Work in small and confined spaces.
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
- Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
- Read, write and calculate basic algebra.
- Health insurance
- Company 401k Plan
- Paid vacation starts at one week/year
Please Email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Please attach your resume to the email as an attached file.
Please put date available to start in the body of the resume.
Please put all work references with contact info on your resume.
Please put all personal references with contact info on your resume.