Located just miles north of New York City, in the heart of Westchester County, Captain Lawrence Brewing has been steadily growing our brand and our reach for over a decade. Currently located in a 25K facility, housing a 40bbl automated NSI brew house, 8bbl Pilot brewery and separate Oak Cellar with dedicated packing line, we continue to innovate and grow our production both locally and abroad. We are looking for someone to come in and work closely with our founder and head brewer to help take us to the next level. We have room to grow within our current facility and plan to continue to add equipment and quality people to our team to accomplish our goals.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a production brewery of 25,000 or more bbls production per year
- 10+ years in the brewing industry
- 3+ Years in a management or supervisory position
- BA/BS in related field. Brewing Science degree or relevant classes is a plus
- Previous experience with ERP software such as Orchestrated beer or similar software
- Experience using centrifuge, steam boiler and automated packaging systems
- Experience with Braumat automation or equivalent
- Experience with Siemens and Allan Bradley PLC applications
- Solid / proven knowledge of the craft beer and brewing industry
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain a positive morale in the workforce
- An understanding of Laboratory Operations / Quality Control procedures
Primary duties for the Director of Brewing Operations:
- Leads all day-to-day activities necessary to produce high quality, consistent beer
- Holds self and brewers accountable for adhering to SOPs and maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment
- Facilitates future growth of the brewery through continuous optimization of current processes
- Provide hands on relief of all positions as necessary – to include brewing, filtering and cellar operations
- Vetting, hiring, training and management of a complete brewhouse staff
- Develop performance and productivity metrics for all production areas and hold team members accountable for achieving these goals
- Manage the work environment that is safe for all employees and visitors implementing procedures, conducting trainings, and addressing and curing safety deficiencies
- Manage brewhouse operations, including utilities, raw materials, safety, personnel and training and maintenance (excludes packaging)
- Manage / conduct quality checks, process audits of brewery to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Coordination of brewing schedule and new product development needs to meet the needs of our distributors, local sales, in-house sales, and festival needs
- Performing brewery audits to ensure quality, consistency and repeatability of brewing
- Ensure compliance with all Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) standards and required documentation
- Developing reports on brewing execution, quality and exceptions. Put systems in place to improve process controls
- Assist as needed with production including brewing, cellaring, packaging, cleaning, organizing and any other ordinary brewery task.
The Captain Lawrence Brewing Company offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, paid holidays, generous paid time off as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. We are interested in interviewing energetic, and results-oriented individuals who are looking to make an immediate impact and can help us get to the next level. Please Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please attach your resume to the email as an attached file.
Please put date available to start in the body of the resume.
Please put all work references with contact info on your resume.
Please put all personal references with contact info on your resume.